Friday, July 5, 2013

Flabbergasted

Well, 3 months after the breakup I went out an an actual first date.

I was kinda nervous only because I didn't know what to expect. Boy oh boy was I surprised at somethings and flabbergasted at others. I spend a little time getting ready, mostly fixing my makeup that I couldn't seem to get right. Dressed casual, blue jeans (now a days classified as mom jeans, more like jeans thay fit), orange and white tank top, grey long sleeve light cardigan, and white vans (that's right bitches, shipped from California).

First I give kudos because he sent me a text saying he was running a little late. I Know I know, its a common courtesy but most guys don't even do that, they just show up late.

Then unlike most guys who will call or text to make you aware they have arrived, he showed up at my front door and rang the doorbell. (Spoiler Alert:Flabbergasted) When I opened the door, I see him standing there, nervously smiling, holding flowers. I didn't know what to say, or do. I have never had someone show up with flowers before.

As we walked to the car there was general small talk, ya know the usual:
Hi
How are you?
How are (insert family member here) doing?
He unlocked the doors of the car from his side, walked around and opened my door for me. Flabbergasted again!

A lot of conversation while driving. It was weirdly comfortable.  Random conversation that was keeping the awkward silence away. I took over the music, determined to not have an awkward silence.

At some point I kinda lost my nerve. Luckily I kept my composure,  but I lost it. In 101 Dalmatians cruelas hair poped out at every stroke of the clock, that's exactly what it felt like. One of our mutual friends and his cousin both told him to be careful. In reference to me. I am not sure if that is positive or negative.

But other than that it was an amazing night. As for a second, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment